Monday, August 30, 2010

Resume


At a recent career fair I was handed many resumes by prospective Atlanta area students.  The one that most stood out to me had the following paragraph (word for word) under the top section - titles "Qualities"...

"I am a loyal and dedicated individual who has a great deal of ambition.  Although I have an extensive experience in the fast food industry, however I love o learn new things and is always up for a new challenge.  I am a freiendly individual who gets along well with others, however I can still work well on my own.  I am seeking a position that I can develop and excel at my job."

Holy American public school system Batman!  You might ask, how does a person with such a horrific understanding of the English language come to be a student at a major Georgia University?  In fact, how can an individual who fails to proofread their work, even something as vital as their resume, come to have a 3.5 GPA at said school?

Then I saw it, on the second page of the resume...under achievement - "Captain of Basketball Team."

How sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment